Paddlers wishing to paddle at Dickerson must get on the daily roster by 8am on the last business day prior to paddling (example: you want to paddle on Sunday, you must notify your coach by 8am Friday). If you are on the list and cannot make, please text the coach in a timely manner. Multiple escorts by the guards are not permitted; if you will be more than 10 minutes late to the session, let the coach know and go home.
For adults: Bring your current Dickerson card AND a new signed and dated NRG waiver with you to hand to the guards EACH time you come to Dickerson.
For minors: a current signed and notarized waiver must be on file with the Potomac Whitewater Training Center.
1. Course Hours
- When water is generating, dawn to 30 minutes before dark. NRG requires 24 hour notice for athletes coming to paddle while generating. Please send an email to the PWRC-NRG liaison prior to your going out.
- When we have “pumped” water for the PWRC, paddle during your allotted slots. Once again, please send you name to the PWRC-NRG liaison so it can be forwarded to the front gate.
2. On the Course
- Must wear a life vest and helmet within the low fence surrounding the course;
- No public nudity;
- No dangerous or disrespectful conduct;
3. Temporary Closures
- Watch PWRC website for current information;
4. Access Conditions
- Two or more Blue (or Special Event) Card holders may train together;
- Pink Card holders must be under the direction of a Green Card Coach;
- White Card holders may not paddle;
- No Paddler may train alone;
5. Course Access Route
- You will be escorted down to the course; always arrive together with your group.
- Obey speed limits;
- Always wait for escort when leaving the course; leave as a group.
- All rules will be strictly enforced and any violation will result in an
athlete being barred from future access to the course;
- Keep access card current;
- Do not assist non-members in gaining access to the course.